- Tenders & Bids
- Contact us
National Enterprise Corporation was established in 1989 by an Act of Parliament to serve as a commercial arm of the Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs /Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces, and to produce goods and services that are beneficial to the Defence Forces and the general public. Its commercial ventures are undertaken through its Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures.
The NEC Vision is to be a sustainable commercial arm of the Uganda Defence Forces that generates goods and services for progressive social, economic transformation and development amongst the Defence Forces, Veterans and the Civil society.
NEC Mission is to produce and provide goods and services for the benefit of the Defence Forces, Veterans of the UPDF and the general public
Productive and self-sustaining, Selfless service, Loyalty, Honour, Professionalism, Trustworthiness and integrity
- To invest in projects of National Security Importance
- To create a productive Security Force for the Nation.
- To promote technological transfer
- To provide goods and services to the Security Forces and the general public
- To support the welfare functions of the Security Forces
- To impart technical managerial and service skills to soldiers to productively utilise the idle capacity of the defence forces in times of peace.
- To equip soldiers with skills that could be gainfully used upon retirement.
- To create direct and indirect employment in the country